Hockey fans in the Old Line State are gearing up for an exciting season. And with hockey betting in Maryland, it’s time to up the ante. You’ve got a whopping number of regular-season games to bet on this year. You’ve got a little entertainment money in your back pocket.
- Best sportsbooks with Hockey betting in Maryland 2022
- Hockey sportsbooks in Maryland
- Hockey Betting in Maryland
- Know your Hockey bets in Maryland
- Know the tricks of Hockey betting in Maryland
- FAQ’s About Hockey betting in Maryland
Best sportsbooks with Hockey betting in Maryland 2022
Hockey betting in Maryland: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 Free Bet bonus||Bet now Caesars Maryland bonus|
|Fanduel Sportsbook Bet $5, get $200 in free bets||Bet now Fanduel Maryland promo|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $200 in free bets||Bet now DraftKings Maryland bonus|
|BetRivers Sportsbook 2nd chance Free Bet up to $500||Bet now BetRivers Maryland promos|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 First Bet Insurance||Bet now BetMGM Maryland bonus|
|Pointsbet Sportsbook 5 X $100 in Free Bets||Bet now Pointsbet Maryland promo|
Hockey sportsbooks in Maryland
So we’re going to show you a few simple steps to bet smart and successful this hockey season. We’ve got everything you need to choose a hockey betting sportsbook, navigate hockey betting terms, and boost your odds in the betting arena.
We have compared the different hockey betting sites in MD to find out which ones are actually best for betting on ice hockey. There are many factors and criteria that hockey betting providers need to master in order to be ranked as the best in the tough competition.
All gaming companies have their strengths and weaknesses. Our job is to help you find the best ones.
Hockey Betting in Maryland
First up, you’ll be needing more than one sportsbook that offers Hockey odds in their sports market selection. So your best bet (excuse the pun) is to have a stable of reliable hockey betting sites to draw from. Don’t think you really need more than one? Trust us, you do. For starters, you don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket.
Secondly, you want the best bonuses for your bet. For example, let’s say you’ve got $100 to wager on a North Division game. Which one is offering the best deposit match or a solid Risk-Free Bet bonus?
Building a stable of hockey sportsbooks is straightforward, as long as you know what to look for. And we’re showing you exactly what to look for right now.
Check if it’s trustworthy
There are plenty of legit, legal Maryland sportsbooks that operate honestly. We’ll assume that you’re only looking at legal hockey betting that are licensed to accept your hockey betting picks in Maryland.
- But do they honor your bets?
- Do they pay out users’ winnings consistently and reliably?
- Do they have largely positive independent reviews?
Basically: how trustworthy are they?
You can get most of the answers you need by checking reviews online at a reputable third-party site… Or you can skip to this section, and we’ll show you some of the best.
Maryland Hockey bets banking
You’ve signed up. You’ve made your first deposit. Finally, you’re ready to bet on this weekend’s games. But there’s just one catch: Your deposit won’t clear for 72 hours.
This should be a dealbreaker. Look for hockey betting sites that make it easy and fast to deposit funds. Topping up your account should be instant. To do this, you’ll want to find the ones that:
- Accept all major debit/credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discovery
- Accept PayPal or other major eWallets: ApplePay, AmazonPay, etc.
- Some of the top-tier ones—and we’ll get to them in a minute—also accept gift cards from MasterCard and Visa.
Keep in mind that you’ll be assigned a deposit limit when you sign up. To increase it, you’ll need to provide some verification information.
There are a few factors to look at when it comes to cashing out.
- Are the withdrawal fees reasonable?
- What are the minimum and maximum withdrawal limits?
- What withdrawal methods are available?
- How long will it take for your withdrawal request to be processed?
By default, most sportsbooks payout to the account you use to deposit funds. So if you paid by Discovery card, for example, that’s the account that will receive your winnings.
Check how it handles your information
In simple terms, here’s what you want:
Security: Legitimate providers use secure payment protocols. If you need to enter credit/debit card details, you’ll be redirected to a verification page. In addition, your information will be stored in accordance with digital encryption policies.
Privacy: Your data will be protected through either SSL—Secure Sockets Layer—or TSL—Transport Security Layer—protocols.
Check the treats
We want bonuses. We love bonuses.
Maryland sports betting bonuses help you stock up your chips, build your bankroll, and learn on the move. They’re established to keep you coming back, to build loyalty with users, and to keep the operator competitive—so make sure you’re getting the best bonuses on offer.
Some to watch for are:
- Welcome; sign up bonuses
- Daily sign-in boosts
- Odds boosters
- Reload and deposit matches
Think of bonuses and rewards like a BOGOF (buy one, get one free) offer or an added perk to doing what you planned on doing anyway.
Check the hockey odds in MD
Let’s say you’ve found a few hockey betting providers. They’re all trustworthy. They all process payments securely. They all use SSL and 3D secure payments. They all have good bonuses. None of it matters if they don’t have a strong hockey betting menu.
Check that your hockey sportsbook offers:
- Relevant, current information on hockey events and upcoming games
- A variety of hockey betting lines
- An assortment of prop bets
- Competitive odds
- A good in-game interface with a fast refresh rate
- A possibility for NHL betting in Maryland
Check their customer service
This is an easy one, but it’s going to be vitally important if things go wrong. Check reviews to see how this Maryland online betting site deals with complaints and problems. Another quick way to establish the quality of a hockey sportsbook’s customer service is the Contact Us section of their site.
- Is there a phone number you can call?
- What are their office hours?
- Do they have a live chat feature?
- Do they have contact forms or an email address?
Check out our expert recommendations
We get it—there’s no time to go through all that. So we’re also giving you our top 5 hockey betting picks for Maryland bettors.
Got a specific focus in mind? Here are our Go-To hockey sportsbooks:
- Best deposit bonuses: Go to DraftKings
- Best Maryland Stanley Cup betting ; Divisional Futures: Go to PointsBet
- Best live in-game hockey betting: Go to FanDuel
- Best user interface and global support: Go to BetMGM
- Bet for insights and interaction (they’ve got a podcast): Go to Barstool
Know your Hockey bets in Maryland
You’ve set up your hockey sportsbook accounts. You’ve scored some sweet bonuses, and they’re burning a hole in your cyber-pocket. So it’s time to bet. Here’s a quick run-down on what you need to know to craft a killer hockey betting strategy.
Moneyline hockey bet
This is the type of bet everyone knows: you pick the winner.
Puck Line hockey betting MD
The bet is based on a 1.5 goal puck line, and your team needs to cover the line for you to cash up.
You bet on the standard over/under—the total goals scored in a game.
In futures betting, you place your wager on a future outcome—like the winner of the game.
You bet on an individual outcome, like the first goal or assist.
Hockey Live Betting
You’ll be betting on the game as it happens.
With a parlay bet, you put down one wager to cover multiple moneyline outcomes. If one of those picks is wrong, though, you lose it all.
Know the tricks of Hockey betting in Maryland
Research is the key component to hockey betting that boosts your odds. But there are a few more elements that go into competitive hockey betting:
- Bet with your head. Historic bias—betting on the team that one last year—isn’t a solid betting strategy. Likewise with betting on that team because they’ve got a famous player. Bet smart by considering the metrics.
- Know the metrics. The hardest part of handicapping hockey is goaltending, but it still pays to consider it. Likewise, with possession-based metrics, implied probability, and closing line value. It might not be the fun part, but it will boost your winning rate exponentially.
- Choose the right hockey sportsbook. Remember how we talked about that here?
FAQ’s About Hockey betting in Maryland
Yes. All our top hockey sportsbook picks offer mobile versions of their website. DraftKings and some of the others also have an app for iOS or Android…or both.
No. Handicappers have great insight, but there are multiple elements that impact a game on the day. So use their picks as a guide only, and learn to rely on your own research.
Check these guidelines, or send your hockey betting provider a question.
Yes, it is. Maryland’s sports betting bill was signed into law on the 18th of May, 2021, by Gov. Larry Hogan. It was made effective immediately as an emergency bill.
You’ll need two forms of ID: proof of identity and proof of address. The former could be a passport or driver’s license, and the best proof of address is a utility bill—like a phone, cable, or electric bill. Some of them also do online verification for fast processing.