Now that baseball betting fans in Maryland can enjoy the thrill of betting on America’s favorite pastime—how do you do it? The Old Line State has a number of online betting sites with a number of odds and lines on the various baseball leagues.
- Best sportsbooks with Baseball Betting in Maryland 2023
- Baseball betting in Maryland: The guide
- Best Baseball Online Betting in Maryland
- 5 Factors for a great Baseball sportsbook
- Place your Baseball bets in MD
- Baseball betting in Maryland: Quick tips
- Online Baseball bets in MD
- FAQ’s About Baseball betting in Maryland
Best sportsbooks with Baseball Betting in Maryland 2023
Baseball Betting in Maryland: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $200 in free bets||Bet now DraftKings Maryland bonus|
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $500 in bonus bets||Bet now BetRivers Maryland promos|
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 in bet credits||Bet now Caesars Maryland bonus|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now Fanduel Maryland promo|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets||Bet now BetMGM Maryland bonus|
Baseball betting in Maryland: The guide
Maryland is on track to become an ultra-competitive baseball betting market now. Are you ready to get amongst the action? With this guide on your side, you are. Remember to pick smart, do your research, and know your Baseball sportsbooks. The rest will be a walk in the (ball)park.
On this page we’ll answer.
- How to choose a Baseball betting site—or five.
- How to break down all the metrics to make killer baseball betting picks.
- How to know what bets to place.
- How to bet with your mind—not your heart.
It’s all here. Are you ready?
Best Baseball Online Betting in Maryland
Now you know how to choose a baseball betting sportsbook. You want trustworthiness. You want website integrity. You want reliable payment options, good betting bonuses, and an extensive sports market offering Baseball odds to Marylanders.
If you’re like us, you also want a quick answer to the question: which baseball betting sites are best for betting? So, we tested them for you.
We put their customer service and payment options through their paces. When we were done with testing their customer service skills, we looked at everything else that makes a great baseball betting site. We checked that they adhere to market regulations for baseball betting in MD and offer legitimate security and safety (spoiler: they definitely do).
Here are 5 of the best online sportsbooks in Maryland.
DraftKings Baseball Betting
One of the icons of the industry, DraftKings Maryland is consistently ranked as one of the high-performers of legal baseball betting sportsbooks. The excellent user interface on both apps (Android and iOS) and desktop and extensive baseball betting odds.
Gets our vote as the best Baseball betting operator for bonuses
Bonuses to watch for…
- $1,000 Deposit bonus with play-through requirement
- 20% match offer up to $1,050 (on $5,000 deposit)
- Daily odds boosts
- $100 refer-a-friend
PointsBet Baseball Bets
PointsBet MD offers one of the most extensive daily betting menus in the business and an impressive variety of baseball markets to suit even the most advanced Maryland baseball betting picks. They’ve got a proven history for moneyline and run-line betting, too.
Bonuses to watch for…
- $2,000 in risk-free bets on sign-up
- Up to $500 if you lose your first fixed odds bet
- Up to $1500 if you lose your first Points betting bet
- VIP Loyalty Rewards
- Daily Make It Rain payout
FanDuel Baseball Odds
FanDuel Maryland has a solid reputation for its baseball selections menu and futures betting odds. A smooth, seamless user interface and familiar layout makes it a good choice for novice baseball betting in Maryland, while its mobile live betting platform and intuitive design sets the bar for even the pro bettors.
Gets our vote as best baseball betting for MLB betting
Bonuses to watch for…
- Daily Odds Booster
- $500 Deposit Bonus on first deposit
- $1,000 Risk-Free Bet on sign-up
BetMGM Baseball Bets online
BetMGM offers extremely competitive markets and delivers some of the best odds in the baseball betting arena. Known for a high-performing parlay market, flexible banking, and top-tier security, BetMGM has been a stalwart on the sportsbook scene for a long time—and with good reason.
Gets our vote as the best baseball sportsbook for fast deposits and withdrawals
Bonuses to watch for…
- $25 registration bonus on no deposit
- Bet $25, get $1
- 100% deposit match up to $1,000
- $600 risk-free bet bonus on sign-up
Plus, one to watch…
Maryland regulations mean there are potentially 60 mobile sports betting licenses on the table. That’s good news—it means Maryland baseball betting enthusiasts aren’t short of options as to where we lay our money down.
Now that Penn National has acquired naming rights in Maryland, we’re guessing its ultra-successful Barstool Sportsbook Maryland might soon be offering its app in the Old Line State. Barstool went live in 2020 and has fast gained a reputation for custom offers, attractive Maryland sports betting promos, high-quality UI, and a high-performing daily betting menu in the baseball space.
Other brands in the state with baseball betting
5 Factors for a great Baseball sportsbook
Ah, baseball. The game that put Orioles greats like Cal Ripken Jr., Brooks Robinson, and Eddie Murray on the map.
Baseball has long been hailed as America’s favorite pastime, and baseball betting just makes it all the more exciting on game day. But before you get started with your baseball betting picks, you need somewhere to place those bets.
That’s where a baseball sportsbook comes in. Maryland sports betting sites let you place your baseball bets via desktop or mobile device. Wherever you are in the great state of Maryland, you’ll be ready to execute your baseball betting strategy with these at your fingertips. Here are the 5 factors you need to build a baseball betting line-up.
That’s right: line-up because we need options.
A few negative reviews here, and there shouldn’t be a red flag. A consistent history of poor service and integrity is a different story. When you check out a baseball betting provider, watch for:
- A track record of unresolved issues or unhappy user reviews
- Complaints about users being unable to reach customer service people
- Comments about delayed payments
- Loss of licensing
- Failure to adhere to regulations
- Security breaches or hacks
We get it, mistakes happen. But if your baseball sportsbook isn’t resolving issues promptly for their customers, they erode trust. That’s not somewhere you want to put your hard-earned cash.
#2. Safety and security
Staying safe online is important. More so when you’re providing personal details and processing payments. A legitimate baseball sports betting operator uses a 3D Secure payment system to handle credit card and PayPal payments and uses digital encryption certification to safeguard your info.
Digital encryption certificates—like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Security Layer (TSL)—are displayed as a padlock icon in the URL toolbar of every site you visit. No padlock? That means the site has no encryption certificate.
#3. Quality Baseball bonuses and rewards in MD
Build up your bankroll and sweeten your gameplay with competitive Maryland sports betting bonus offers. Attractive rewards make for a positive experience in baseball betting.
Look for bonuses that align with your style of betting:
- Sign up offers
- Welcome bonuses
- Deposit bonuses and matches
- Milestone rewards
- Daily deals—designed to reward you for logging in every day
#4. Prompt payouts and deposits
A quality baseball sportsbook will have a safe, streamlined system in place for payments. You should be able to deposit funds to your account instantly. Cashing out should be fast.
A good payment infrastructure should:
- Accept all major credit and debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.
- Accept PayPal for deposits
- Give a clear indicator of how soon funds will be deposited into your account
Some of the top-tier baseball betting sites will also accept gift cards from the major credit providers—like Visa and MasterCard.
#5. Strong Baseball betting lines and odds
There are many high-quality baseball bets available online. But, does your chosen site offer the best betting lines and odds in the baseball arena? A sportsbook for baseball betting in Maryland needs to deliver competitive odds and an extensive menu of betting options specifically for this sport.
Place your Baseball bets in MD
Baseball betting picks can look complicated, so it’s important to know your options. A strong baseball betting strategy is more than just betting on the moneyline. You’ve got run lines, over / under, parlays, futures, and prop bets. And when it comes to the latter, you’re betting options are nearly unlimited.
So before you place your bets, here’s a quick explainer of bet types…
Moneyline bets in MD
This is what beginner bettors will recognize: you’re betting on who wins the game. Each team will be followed by a negative or positive number (usually in brackets) to denote the favorite and the underdog.
A positive number (+150, for example) denotes the underdog, and a negative number (-150, for example) denotes the team favored to win.
A run line is similar to a point spread in other sports. Effectively, you’re betting on the margin of victory for your chosen team. This is a good way to increase a payout on a favored team or give you a cushion if you lose a bet.
A run line is typically -1.5 or +1.5.
Over / Under
Also known as Totals, you’re betting on whether the total combined number of runs will be over—or under—the oddsmaker’s figure. If you get it right, you take the win.
An over / under figure is usually set as a figure + 0.5 (eg. 7.5)
A parlay bet is high-risk, high-reward. You place your bet on multiple outcomes, and if all those outcomes are correct, you win. If all except one outcome are correct, you lose it all.
Futures are literally betting on a future outcome. In the World Series, for example, you could bet on an Orioles win. Odds will be adjusted throughout the event, and you lock in the odds at the time you place your wager.
Proposition bets are placed on isolated outcomes that make the game more exciting. Will Baltimore hit a home run next week? When it comes to teams like the Orioles, you can bet on almost any aspect of gameplay—and any player.
Baseball Live Bets in Maryland
A high-pressure, fast-paced style of betting, live bets are placed during gameplay. You will need to keep your cool and pay attention to the action to get an advantage over the oddsmakers, but a smart bet can be incredibly lucrative.
Baseball betting in Maryland: Quick tips
We’ve all got a different baseball betting strategy, but there are some tips that stay the same. Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned pro at baseball betting, here are some tips to remember:
- DO analyze trends. Learning to read reverse line movement is a good way to spot when expert bettors place big money bets that influence the odds.
- DON’T go with the flow. Oddsmakers know that the general public bet simply: a famous player, a beloved home team, etc. Always bet smart, even if it’s not the most popular move.
- DO bet on the underdog. Plus-money underdogs can help you build a solid, successful long-term strategy. It can also mean a profitable end-of-season payout.
- DON’T put all your eggs in one basket. Shop around for baseball sportsbooks, and use the one that offers the best odds for your bets. We’ve already outlined which of them can be best for certain bets, so maximize your payout where you can.
- DO study your metrics. We’ll outline a few of these in a minute. The key to crafting a betting strategy is to research carefully, make a confident choice, and bet smart.
Online Baseball bets in MD
The beauty of betting on America’s most beloved sport is the sheer depth of metrics. Want to know everything you can about pitching? Look at the pitching stats. Want to put money on Trey Mancini? Check out the first baseman’s stats since he’s been back in the Major League.
We’re not digging too deep into the metric analysis (but comment below if you want that!), but here are some terms you might want to check out…
Starting pitching stats
- ERA ; WHIP
- G/F rate
- K/9; HR/9
- Run support average
- Previous starts
- Bullpen: Watch for an overworked bullpen, and work out how far you think a starter will go before drawing from it.
- Team performance against right/left-handed pitching: follow this up with analyzing the other team’s pitchers. Are they left or right-handed?
- Batting average
- On-base percentage
- Runs / 9 innings
More stats to consider
- Home / Away: does your team play better on the road, or do they perform better for a home crowd?
- Hitter / Pitcher park: this one can be crucial. Research carefully to avoid poor betting picks.
- Day / Night
FAQ’s About Baseball betting in Maryland
Check their websites for current offers and bonuses. Think about what kind of bonuses benefit your betting style and how much cash you want to be playing with.
Absolutely. It was signed into law on the 18th of May, 2021, making it the fifth state to legalize sports betting in 2021.
Simple: choose a legal, legitimate baseball betting sportsbook with encryption certification and secure payment processing.
Not yet, but there are plenty of baseball sportsbooks MD locals can take advantage of.
Moneyline bets are a good way to start navigating baseball metrics and get your feet wet. When you’re feeling more confident, run line bets are a good way to maximize your wins.