In the last few years, PayNearMe has emerged as one of the best ways to make cash-based deposits to licensed betting sites in Maryland. It’s an ideal option for players worried about linking their credit cards to their sportsbook accounts. That’s because PayNearMe at MD betting sites is all cash and no worry.
PayNearMe banking in Maryland
PayNearMe is a proven service that’s widely available across the U.S. There are likely a few PayNearMe locations just around the corner from you at a 7-Eleven or participating pharmacy.
Betting sites always have the incentive of player satisfaction. So, when it comes to making deposits on their sportsbook, betting companies want to make things as easy as possible. Offering PayNearMe is an intelligent move because it’s one of the easiest ways for players to fund their sportsbook accounts with cash.
Here is another reason cash-based services like PayNearMe are the best choice for funding your sportsbook. It’s because sometimes there can be processing difficulties on certain credit or debit cards. Even today, some credit cards are reluctant to process sports betting-related transactions. Thus the growth of PayNearMe in this highly regulated market.
Suppose you’ve had problems finding your sportsbook using credit or debit. In that case, PayNearMe provides you with a workable solution. And it’s nearly just as convenient.
Best sportsbooks currently taking PayNearMe in Maryland
Although not yet available on every sportsbook website, most sports betting sites now allow you to make your deposits with PayNearMe. Here are the top sports bettings sites legally licensed to operate in Maryland right now.
Which Maryland sportsbooks accept PayNearMe?
PayNearMe doesn’t quite have the same acceptance rates as AMEX, Visa, or MasterCard. Regardless, many legit sports betting sites in Maryland accept it. That, coupled with the many advantages of this service, may mean it’s the route to go for your Maryland sports betting needs.
The process is easy and quick pretty much every time, making it hardly a factor in choosing which sportsbook to use. All the same, we’ve got a list of the best ones currently licensed to operate in Maryland and also accepting PayNearMe. So let’s take a look.
It’s straightforward to deposit with PayNearMe. The first thing you will be required to do is make an account. You can easily do this on one of the betting sites in Maryland that accepts PayNearMe deposits. See our list above if you don’t know which sportsbooks there are to choose from.
Once you are the owner of an account with a sports betting site, here are the following steps to take:
- Log on to your sportsbook account.
- Go to the cashier to make a deposit into your account.
- Choose ‘PayNearMe’ as your method of deposit.
- Choose the amount you want to deposit.
- Receive a PaySlip complete with a unique barcode.
- Either print it or save it to your phone.
- Go to your local Family Dollar, 7-Eleven, CVS, or another participating PayNearMe operator.
- Please provide them with your PaySlip and pay the deposit with cash.
- Use your receipt to login in and start betting right away.
Your PaySlip will have instructions on it for the 7-Eleven, or another PayNearMe associate to process your payment. In addition, you can call 888-713-0004 24/7 to speak to a PayNearMe customer service representative for help with your cash payment.
This process is virtually identical whether you’re using PayNearMe with Pointsbet Maryland, Barstool, Betmgm, Fanduel, or any other licensed PayNearMe betting sites.
You cannot, as of this writing, make withdrawals of your sportsbook winnings via PayNearMe. You will need to find an alternative way to get your payout from most Maryland online sportsbooks or sports betting sites.
This is something to keep in mind prior to making your first deposit. This way, you won’t have to run into any unexpected issues when it’s time to cash out your hard-earned winnings.
PayNearMe Processing Fees and Times
You don’t want any surprises cropping up when funding your sports betting wallet.
PayNearMe is one of the least expensive ways to fund any online betting wallet. Most betting companies will not charge users a fee to make a deposit with PayNearMe. But PayNearMe does charge a fee that varies based on location and amount.
You could pay as little as nothing or as much as $5.99 per transaction. Most deposits made by PayNearMe are charged a fee of around $2.00.
Every sports betting site processes things a bit differently. Some will charge a small fee to cash out regardless of the method you use. Others won’t charge anything. Nonetheless, it’s something to be aware of.
In terms of processing times, players have nothing to worry about. Their PayNearMe deposits will be credited to your sports betting account by the time you return home from making the deposit.
Using PayNearMe to Fund Betting Wallets
A pretty diverse range of gaming sites trust PayNearMe. Once, it was a niche option for making deposits. Now it’s supported by many legal betting sites across the U.S.
They are a fully licensed way to deposit money onto a betting site. Regulators are very stringent in terms of which operators are allowed to deposit, so you can rest assured that it’s a safe way to manage your sportsbook funds.
PayNearMe takes every precaution to protect your financial privacy. It also ensures a safe transaction of funds to the legal sports betting site of your choice.
Pros and Cons
There are pros and cons to nearly everything in this day and age. Unfortunately, sportsbooks and sports betting sites are no different.
PayNearMe ticks most of the meaningful boxes when it comes to funding your online gambling wallet. So let’s take a closer look at the biggest advantages and disadvantages of using this service to finance your next wager.
- The main advantage of PayNearMe is that you will not be required to divulge any banking information at any time. This is a cash-only service, and you can complete the process from start to finish with cash alone.
- This makes PayNearMe very handy for those without bank accounts, debit cards, or credit accounts. Some people prefer to do everything they can with cash. Perhaps you’ve had problems with your previous bank. It doesn’t matter. PayNearMe will fund your sportsbook without involving the banks.
- An additional benefit is that using PayNearMe can help you keep control of your spending. Studies show that people who are more conscious of their spending and pay with cash are better at managing their finances.
- Although PayNearMe is a convenient way to make cash deposits, it’s still not as convenient as using your credit card or making an ACH transfer from your home. Making a PayNearMe deposit will require you to visit your local 7-Eleven in person with the correct amount of cash.
- Another limitation is that PayNearMe customers are capped at $500 in deposits per day. Like we pointed out above, this can be a positive thing depending on your perspective because it will help you keep your spending under control. But those wishing to play for high stakes will find this a problematic method to deposit the required funds.
- Lastly, PayNearMe is not always free. Fees that range from $1.99 to 5.99 per transaction can be applied to your deposit. Compare this to bank transfers and credit card deposits which are usually free depending on your card and banking plan.
FAQ’s About PayNearMe – MD Betting Sites
Let’s have a look at the answers to some of the top questions players ask about PayNearMe. If you do not see the answer you’re looking for, simply get in touch with your sports betting site’s customer service.
Is it safe to use PayNearMe?
PayNearMe is one of the safest ways to deposit money onto your sportsbook account. It is an entirely cash-based procedure. During the process of depositing your funds, you will never have to bring out your credit card or share account information.
How will I know if my deposit went through?
Real-time approval from an operator is required before payments are accepted. This means PayNearMe notifies the operator that the transaction has been successful. In addition, they will provide you with a receipt confirming the transaction took place. You can also check your payment status right on the app or mobile platform itself while you are in the PayNearMe operator.
Can I use credit or debit with PayNearMe?
No. PayNearMe is cash only for online gambling. However, suppose you are using PayNearMe for other purposes, like paying your bills or funding purchases. In that case, you can use debit or credit to make your payments. But all deposits made to a sports betting site must be made using cash only.
Can I withdraw my winnings using PayNearMe?
No, you cannot. PayNearMe is only used for making deposits. When it is time to request a payout from your sportsbook, you will need to have a different method of receiving payment. Every sportsbook is different, but most will offer an e-bank transfer, paper check via mail, or cash from the nearest physical location of your betting site.