Millions of people use American Express to make billions of dollars in purchases across the globe. So it makes sense that it’s also one of the top ways to fund your favorite sportsbooks in Maryland. Sportsbooks are ahead of the curve when it comes to high-tech ways to gamble and place wagers. Whether that’s e-wallets, or prepaid cards of all kinds, they’ve usually got you covered. But the familiar still ranks among the most user-friendly ways to deposit.
- Best sportsbooks with American Express Maryland Betting 2023
- Amex betting sites in MD
- Best AMEX betting in Maryland
- Which Maryland sites accept American Express?
- FAQ’s About American Express bets Maryland
Best sportsbooks with American Express Maryland Betting 2023
American Express Maryland Betting: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $200 in free bets||Bet now DraftKings Maryland bonus|
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $500 in bonus bets||Bet now BetRivers Maryland promos|
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 in bet credits||Bet now Caesars Maryland bonus|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now Fanduel Maryland promo|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets||Bet now BetMGM Maryland bonus|
Amex betting sites in MD
Using American Express at Maryland sportsbook works like every other online purchase these days. But you might not yet be sold on why American Express is the credit and debit card of choice for online sports betting in the State of Maryland.
That’s why we are going to cover:
- All the Maryland online sports betting apps or sites that accept American Express.
- What the processing fees are.
- Depositing and withdrawing funds and winnings using American Express.
- Bonuses and promo offers with American Express
- Pros and Cons.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
Best AMEX betting in Maryland
Although it’s not available on every sports betting website, the majority of Maryland sportsbooks will allow you to make deposits using their card. With that in mind, here are the top three legally licensed to operate in Maryland right now.
Which Maryland sites accept American Express?
American Express does not have the same acceptance rate as Visa or Mastercard. In addition, merchant fees have made betting companies more reluctant to accept payments with it. Regardless, there are plenty of legit Maryland sports betting sites that accept AMEX deposits without issue.
In most cases, the process is quick and easy. It’s hardly a factor at all when choosing which site to place your wagers on. Lucky for you, we’ve got a list of the best sportsbooks in Maryland that accept American Express betting. You shouldn’t have any problem finding the right bookmaker for you.
Processing fees with American Express
When you’re funding your sportsbook, you don’t want any surprise fees. Using a credit card like AMEX is consistently among the cheapest ways to put funds into your wallet. In addition, most betting companies won’t charge users for American Express deposits.
That might not be the case for every single book out there, but it will be valid for most of them. This means the only fees players should have to worry about are associated with having the card in the first place.
What discourages some companies from allowing deposits with an AMEX card is that they offer free deposits. Unfortunately, this means the sportsbook itself needs to cover the fee.
Every sportsbook processes things a little bit differently than the others. Some will impose small fees for cashing out, and it won’t matter what method you use. Others will not charge you anything, but it’s still something worthwhile to be aware of.
Depositing at MD sportsbook with American Express
Sports betters everywhere love using American Express for their deposits. That’s because it’s as easy and convenient as all the other payments people make with their AMEX cards. The steps are the same as getting your money into your sportsbook account as they are when you make any other kind of purchase.
- Head on over to the cashier’s section of your favorite Maryland sportsbook.
- Choose the deposit option.
- Click on American Express from the dropdown menu.
- Type in the card details.
- Type in your CVV code and expiration date.
- Type the amount you wish to deposit into the account.
- Confirm your transaction.
The transaction is typically processed instantaneously. As a result, you’ll be able to place wagers with your money in no time at all, making AMEX one of the easiest ways to get money into your sportsbook.
Making withdrawals with American Express
It isn’t easy to request a payout on your sportsbook winnings onto your AMEX. Usually, you will need to find an alternative way to receive your payout. Luckily most places offer various ways to do this, from a physical check to a bank transfer to an e-wallet transfer.
This is something you should be aware of before making your first deposit. You don’t want to have to run into issues when you expect to cash out.
What do I do if AMEX betting is not supported?
Suppose your preferred sportsbook does not accept deposits directly from your American Express card. In that case, there are a few things you can do to get funds into your wallet still.
Many different e-wallet services (like Skrill and Neteller) can act as an intermediary between your card and your betting funds.
- Simply create an account with one of those services.
- Use your AMEX card to deposit money onto your e-wallet.
- Then use the e-wallet to transfer money to your sportsbook of choice.
The process is pretty straightforward. It’s just one more step to allow you to use both your preferred card and your favorite sports betting site. So if your sportsbook does not allow deposits from American Express, this is probably the best payment option for you.
AMEX processing times
Depositing with American Express is instantaneous. This is true for both sportsbooks and e-wallets too. So even if an intermediary service is being used, you will have no trouble getting money from your card to your sportsbook in just a few minutes.
American Express is the best way to start making bets a mere seconds after making your first deposit to a Maryland sportsbook. Withdrawal times will vary from sportsbook to sportsbook but are typically no more than a few days.
For deposits, AMEX can’t be beaten for speed. Withdrawals, unfortunately, are not possible at the moment with an American Express card.
Are there any sign up bonuses or promos?
Once you’ve chosen the sportsbook you want that accepts AMEX, start looking at what welcome bonuses are offered.
Most sportsbooks have some kind of promotion or bonus as a welcome gift for their new members. Therefore, it’s a significant consideration to choose the sportsbook that’s right for you. They usually want to make it as attractive as possible, so you should be prepared to take advantage of it.
BetMGM, DraftKings, and Caesar’s Maryland have some of the best sportsbook bonuses in the state. Often you’ll find sport-specific bonuses as well, such as NFL or NBA bonuses. Either way, they’ll have something on offer that will keep players satisfied.
Typically, you can expect a cash bonus once you’ve made your first deposit with your American Express card. Often you’ll get one hundred percent of your deposit matched up to a certain amount. You can use this bonus cash to bet on whatever you like, but bonus cash is a great way to try out different sportsbooks risk-free before deciding which one is right for you.
It is strongly recommended that you do your homework and research the different sportsbook bonuses available to first-time players.
Pros and cons
Everything has pros and cons these days, and sportsbooks are no different. American Express ticks all the major boxes for making deposits to sportsbooks online. But let’s take a closer look at the biggest advantages and some of the disadvantages of using AMEX to fund your latest wagers.
Pros of American Express
- American Express is a virtually free and familiar option to use for all your sportsbook betting needs. A quarter of America’s credit card transactions are made with an AMEX card in any given year. That’s a lot of people who feel comfortable using their services.
- Their services are fast. Payments are released nearly instantly. This means that you won’t have to wait before placing your next bet. Simply sign in, post, and return to your wager in no time at all.
- Re-loading is simple. Your details are saved (if you choose) the first time you deposit with your AMEX. This means that your subsequent deposits will be even quicker. What’s more, American Express is known for its reasonably relaxed deposit limits.
- Only legal, fully licensed sportsbooks accept American Express in Maryland. This is a company that pays attention to how its users are spending their money. Online payments that are deemed unsafe, illegal, or even suspicious are blocked. That’s why it’s essential to use a trusted name when using a sportsbook. And AMEX is that.
Cons of American Express
- American Express at Maryland sportsbook is not as universally accepted as Mastercard and Visa. Some sportsbooks do not yet allow deposits by all card types. E-wallet services offer a good workaround for this.
- Withdrawals are not possible (true of most credit cards).
- Some sportsbook players prefer not to have their betting transactions appear on their credit card statements.
FAQ’s About American Express bets Maryland
Simply log in to the sportsbook and go to the cashier’s section. Select deposit and choose the American Express card option. Type in your amount, confirm, and it should be available in a few seconds.
Nearly instantly. On the off chance that there there is a delay, it will only be a few minutes.
No. Not at this time. Withdraw into a personal bank account, or receive the money via an e-wallet service like PayPal.